Dr. Axel Rauschmayer
About the book
Exploring ES6 …
(Even though the official name is now ECMAScript 2015, I’ll keep calling it ECMAScript 6 – for now – because that’s how everybody knows this version.)
- There is a free online version. To support my work, you can also buy the ebook version (PDF, EPUB, MOBI) for about $30 (depending on the VAT in your country).
- Exploring ES6 is a living book (it’s initially unfinished, but you get updates for the rest of its life). It may take a while until it is completely done (possibly until 2016).
- Once the book is finished, there will also be a print version.
- New material will often be published on my blog 2ality, before it is added to the book.
- Cover by Fran Caye. There is an alternate cover (also by Fran).
I’ve created a Google Group where you can discuss questions and ideas related to “Exploring ES6”.
Errata (errors, typos, etc.)
The changelog records what is new in each release.
About the author
Axel has been writing about ECMAScript 6 since early 2011.
Praise for “Exploring ES6”
After skimming a few sections, I decided to dive in head first and do some live learning for my WatchMeCode screencasts, recording myself as I tried out ES6 features. It’s been great! I’ve picked up a lot of new features and syntax from reading the book, and I’m having a blast learning in front of an audience. :)
Creator of Marionette.js, and Entrepreneur